Monday, July 12, 2010

HADES AIN'T NO LADY

Mother of God it's hot. As I think I've mentioned, I'm a northeast gal. I did NOT sign up for this heat. This unbearable, stick to your seat, deodorant annhilating heat. Sizzling is for bacon, not for people.

It's so tiring...to run through your usual, frazzling every day routine, but when you add to that a heat index of 100? I'm sorry, what?

You know how when you check the weather it'll show a cute little picture of clouds or a smiling sun...well today it was a cactus. A CACTUS. I don't live in Texas or Arizona or anywhere south of the Mason Dixon line. That little cactus is proof positive of global warming. Ugh.

BUT. (And this is a big but) I know I have nothing to complain about. I drive in my air conditioned car to my air conditioned office. While at the same time, the majority of the developing world is not only sweltering, but at war, or in dire need of food and clean water, or enduring unspeakable hardships - least of which is the heat.

Therein lies my angst in life. My self-hatred and frustration. You win the lottery just by being born in the United States. Opportunity? Freedom of speech? Just more reason to feel lucky, lucky, lucky. So what do I do? I start a blog. And complain about my life's little trials and tribulations.

As you get to know me better (dammit readers...someone MUST be lurking out there...anyone? bueller?) you'll understand this battle within me often lies in wait...simmering just beneath the surface. Waiting for a chance to rear it's ugly, self-absorbed, conflicted, two-faced, head.

But for now, for tonight, I'm going to strip down, lay on this bed and hope that my little (and I do mean little) Honeywell 3-speed fan will keep me from melting before morning.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment